Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Youtube processing artifacts ... ouch!

I've been trying to get good video on Youtube thinking the issue was with my Mobius camera.  Turns out YT is at least part of the problem!  Here is a screen capture from the original 1080P video and the same seen from YT.
Original scene

YT scene
Not good!  I'll need to figure out how to convince YT to not make a mess.

Update 20150902

I've done some additional work on the issue and by creating an h.264 video can improve things a bit.  Still the YT transcodeing creates issues.  I did find out that it is necessary to wait a bit before viewing the YT videos as they initially create the low resolution versions and only later the HD versions.  You can tell by clicking the gear icon and seeing what resolutions are available.

Update 20150902

Info on how to encode here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment