Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Head Rest

I've added a headrest.


I still have some trimming and cleanup to do but it basically works.

It is made out of a piece of schedule 40 PVC 1" pipe and a bit of pipe insulation I had from another project.   The pipe is bent into a U and zip tied to the seat frame.  There is a trick to bending PVC. The technique I used is described here: https://youtu.be/UKssOvO3nJs.  Home Depot sells some springs used in bending pipe.  They are flared at one end.  I cut the flared end off and formed a hook like this:

I used a 1.5" pipe as a form and heat gun to create a U shaped piece like this:


 The holes you see are left over from another project. Drill a couple of holes on each arm to accept zip ties.  Paint black or whatever you like.  Cut a piece of PVC insulation to length and slip over the pipe.

Instant low cost head rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment