Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rides 09/28 & 09/29


I've continued to ride the same 8.4 KM route to try to improve my leg strength.

I've recorded most of the rides with ridewithgps on my cellphone.  It took a bit to figure out how to actually use the app but it does provide some useful data.  Sadly, the GPS based data such as speed, elevation, and distance are a bit problematic since the GPS is subject to errors sample to sample.  Even so, it's interesting and generally useful.

Here is the ride data from the 28th and 29th.

28th

29th
I clipped the details for the 19th.

29 details 1

29th details 2
 Clearly I'm not fast on the trike.  Even so, my average speed is near that of the published data for Copenhagen (where people ride bicycles frequently and it's generally flat).  The grade data is clearly bogus, likely the result of GPS errors.

Since I've been doing the same ride ride to ride results are useful.

Ride summary
While there is considerable variation, average speed and ride time seem to be improving somewhat.  It's also worth noting that I am far less leg weary after the ride than when I started.  So overall, I am encouraged.



No comments:

Post a Comment