Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ridewithgps - Nice site. App not so much.


I tested the ridewithgps app on a Samsung Note 4.  This screen capture says it all!

Ouch.  I was riding on the street.  Really I was.  I started and stopped from my house.  Really I did.  My speed never got anywhere near 40kph!

I'm not sure if the issue is with the app or the phone but clearly this is a non starter when it comes to recording rides.  I'll need to look into other smart phone apps or write my own.

Update 2015 08 27

I did a second test with the phone in the car on the seat.  The results were generally better though there were still areas where the track had no relation to the road and where I was.  It appears that there may be an issue with the phone's GPS not tracking well.  I'll need to do additional testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment